Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rainy day in Southern California



I thought I would give my hand at this blogging thing. I am actually really excited, what a fun way to keep in touch with everyone. Since I just e-mailed an update from us I thought I would just share what we did today. So I was about my business cleaning this morning when I realized I had not heard the kids in awhile, this is extremely unusual (except when they are doing something they shouldn't). I immediately got irritated and started thinking of all sorts of things they could have gotten themselves into. I quietly went to find them so I could catch them in their mischief. What I found warmed my heart and put me in my place. They were just reading together. Maybe I should give my kids the benefit of the doubt! Times like that warm your heart and make you wonder if maybe you are doing something right. We also pulled out the playdough today. Sometimes a rainy day can be just great! -Afton

3 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Malerie said...

Afton (and Ryan), your kids are beautiful. I can't believe how they have grown. I love that they were reading together quietly, and yes you have definitely done a lot right! I forgot about playdough, thanks for the tip, time to go get some. Can't wait to see you! - Jess

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Malerie said...

I love it when kids surprise us. Cassi

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet little moment. I'm really hoping we'll get to spend the next few years together! How fun would that be! Your kids are darling. I can't believe how much they look alike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home